Characteristics of costume design in children's theater performances
Keywords:characteristics, costume, children's theatre
Theatrical costume constitutes a peculiarity in the theatrical performance because of its ability to communicate and communicate with the rest of the visual elements of the show in highlighting the intellectual and dramatic values. Fashion developments in theatrical performance, the second: the design elements of costumes and their characteristics, the third, which includes research procedures, and the fourth, in which the research results and conclusions were presented, including:
- The play (Happening on the Farm) is considered one of the plays with educational, educational and aesthetic goals, as it carried in its formats the features of simplicity and diversity of the visual formal connotations of the child.
- The costume designer has an important role in communicating the idea of the play and its contents and conveying its connotations as well as his imaginative and innovative ability, by dealing with the nature of the material or material and designing it in accordance with the viewers of the show. The study concluded with sources and appendices.
- Abdel Rahman, T. (2015). Symmetry in the designs of clothing fabrics. Baghdad: Al-Academy Journal, College of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 72.
- Akram, B. (2018). the communicative significance of the costume in the children’s theater. Baghdad: Al-Academy Journal , College of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 89.
- Al-Didi, A.-F. (1972). Behavior and cognition, an introduction to psychology. Cairo: Anglo-Egyptian Library.
- Barthes, R. (B-T). The Reasons for Theatrical Costume. (S. Al-Mabkhout, Trans.) Tunis: Publications of the Tunisian National Theater, Theatrical Spaces Magazine, No. 7-8.
- Hafez, M. (2020). Fashion between form and content in school theater performances,. Baghdad: Al-Academy Journal, College of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad, No.96.
- Hussein, F. (2016). the concept of rhythm in theatrical performance. Baghdad: Al-Academy Journal, College of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 81.
- Jaafar, Y. (1983). Foundations of Interior Design and Decoration Coordination. Jordan: Majdalawi House, for Publishing and Distribution.
- Khudair, R. (1999). Meaning and Expression in the Process of Designing Interior Environments. Baghdad: University of Baghdad, College of Fine Arts, Department of Design.
- Luna, M. (2008). History of Fashion. (A. Akash, Trans.) Damascus: Ministry of Culture Publications, Syrian General Book Organization Press.
- Mahmoud, F. (2008). Theater Dictionary. Cairo: General Egyptian Book Organization.
- Meyerhold, W. (1988). In Theatrical Art. (S. Shaker, Trans.) Beirut: Dar Al-Farab.
- Musa, F. (2020). to see the director in the epic theater performances "Awni Karumi as a model". Baghdad: Al-Academy Journal, College of Fine Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 97.
- Mustafa, T.-S. (1998). recitation in the children's theater, building a proposed system. Baghdad: Unpublished doctoral thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Fine Arts.
- Muti, O. A. (1996). Elements of Vision by theatrical Director. Cairo: General Egyptian Book Organization.
- Riyadh, A.-F. (2000). Formation in Fine Arts. Beirut: Arab Renaissance House.
- Rizk, S. (1982). Principles of Artistic Taste and Aesthetic Coordination. Cairo: Sources of Arab Culture Library.
- Shukri, A.-W. (1985). Theatrical Lighting. Egypt: General Book Organization.
- Vargales, L. (1986). The Guide to the Art of Theater (Drama). (A. Salama, Trans.) Cairo: The Egyptian General Book Organization.
- Yousry, M. (2001). Fashion Design Rules and Principles. Cairo: International Printing Company.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Amal Mahmoud Attia, asil Laith Ahmad
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.